With world countries expanding drastic travel restrictions to contain a viral contagion that has killed more then 5000 people and infected nearly 140000, here are simple precautions that can protect you from contracting the disease.
Originating in Hubei’s capital of Wuhan, the virus has spread throughout China and around the world, with cases confirmed in around a dozen countries as distant as France, Australia and the United States.
Simple Tips For Prevention of Corona Virus
- Frequently clean hands by using alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water.
- When coughing and sneezing cover mouth and nose with flexed elbow or tissue: it should be immediately disposed off and hands should be washed.
- Avoid close contact with anyone who has fever and cough
- In case of fever, cough and difficulty in breathing, immediately seek medical care and share previous travel history with healthcare provider.
- While visiting live markets currently experiencing cases of novel coronavirus, avoid direct unprotected contact with live animals and surfaces in contact with animals.
- The consumption of raw or under-cooked animal products should be avoided. Raw meat, milk or animal organs should be handled with care to avoid cross-contamination with uncooked foods as per good safety practices.
- As it is still not clear which kind of meat is actual cause of the infection, it is better to avoid consumption of meat, eggs and milk altogether for the time being.